Little Stars Preschool is a preschool-only program. We follow the Snoqualmie Valley School District calendar. We do not diaper children. Your child must be fully potty trained to attend our program. We do not offer a full day option at Little Stars Preschool. We look forward to touring families and getting all your questions answered about our programming.
LITTLE STARS PRESCHOOL Program Overview
Our preschool curriculum is inspired by the Reggio Emilia model. We believe that children are capable of long-term, sustained learning when the topic is of interest to them. As teachers, we will listen and observe the children closely, ask questions and explore the children’s ideas. We view the environment of our classrooms as the “third teacher” and have therefore thoughtfully designed our rooms with this in mind. We believe that children learn from spaces they are in – they need beautiful, orderly spaces where everything has a purpose and can inspire a love of learning. The space is designed to allow for collaboration and the ability to work in small groups.
All of our Snoqualmie Preschool classrooms are set up with a STEAM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) as well as a focus on Language and Literacy. As the year progresses at Little Stars, you will see our rooms come to light showcasing our students work.
Classroom Schedule & Flow
All of our teachers highly regard and consider the natural rhythms of the children both as individuals and in groups to determine when and how to transition throughout the day. This will allow more time to be spent on a topic or activity or play experiences to enrich the time we have with your children. On a beautiful day, being outdoors for a bit longer or the need for more time building with blocks, could lead to a more flexible schedule and design on a given day based on the children’s interests.
Our daily schedule will honor the work and engagement of our students. We avoid a bell-time mentality as it can interrupt their exceptional learning.
A possible schedule for our day may look as follows:
- Arrival and welcome
- Outdoor play, exploration, social gathering
- Group meeting time to connect, introduce ideas, topics, materials in the classroom
- Indoor classroom exploration with materials that support fine motor, Math concepts, Literacy, Science and Art
- Snack and story time
- Outdoor classroom exploration with concepts such as Science, nature stewardship, community, Art, gross motor development, Math and Writing.
- Dismissal and goodbye
All of our Little Stars Classes will include:
- Gross Motor Play
- Circle Times
- Questions and Discussions
- Math Exploration
- Science Exploration
- Art and Sensory Explorations
- Story and Snack
- Literacy Exploration
- Writing Exploration
- Fine Motor Skill Building
- Dramatic Play and Narrative Building
- Gross Motor Play
- Dance& Music
- Ribbons/ Balls/ Scooters
- Outdoor Play & Nature Exploration
Class pricing & Policies
Tuition & Fees
Tuition is paid in ten equal monthly payments. Tuition is due on the 1st of the month. A late fee of $25 will be charged if payment is not received by the 5th of the month. This includes credit cards being declined.
You must have a card on file all tuition is run through our secure online payment system.
Tuition is averaged over a 10-month period (September-June) some months will have more classroom days than others.
Children who are 2.5 years & potty trained up to Kindergarten are eligible to enroll in Little Stars Preschool. Admission requirements and procedures are as follows:
- Registration for our Snoqualmie Preschool must be done online, and all our forms must be signed.
- Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis depending on space availability. Returning students and siblings will have first priority.
- Tuition is due each month on the 1st of the month and will be processed September through June.
- If your child is not fully potty trained, we are totally willing to work with you. If your child has a number one accident, we can help get them changed. If there is a number two accident, we will have to call you to come and change your child. A student should be able to get their pants on and off and get onto the potty independently. We are not a daycare and therefore are not licensed to diaper kids. Please make sure your child is well on their way to being potty trained before the start of the school year.